Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sunday Stamps II 122

Happy Easter!

I do have stamps with an Easter connection, that I have shared on my blog previously.


From the US Postal Service:
"The U.S. Postal Service commemorates the 500th anniversary of the naming of Florida with the release of the La Florida (Forever®) stamps that celebrate the state's floral abundance. During the Easter season of 1513, Spanish explorers first visited the state we now know as Florida. They named the land “La Florida” for Pascua Florida (“Feast of the Flowers”), Spain's Easter celebration, and for the verdant display of vegetation that they could see from their ship.

The four se tenant stamps contain a cascade of blossoms that evokes the feeling of a tropical garden. Each stamp shows a particular variety of flower: red and pink hibiscus; yellow cannas; morning glories in white, red, and shades of purple; and white and purple passionflowers."

So there is an Easter connection!

Visit SeeitonaPostcard to see who else is joining in this week.

Viridian

3 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I've always liked the La Florida stamps, and I hated breaking them up! I didn't know the background to them, thanks for the info. Happy Easter.

Bob Scotney said...

A connection with Easter that I would never have found.

VioletSky said...

Beautiful flowers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails